This month I joined the Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. The theme for this month was White, Silver, Gold. We were asked to create a project using all three colors or any two. I picked the colors white and silver and created this winter scene card using the 5 Part Pine die. Let me show you how I created this card.
- Cut silver cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/5″. Score at 4 1/4″ and fold to create your A2 size card base.
- Cut a piece of Soft Finish Cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut a curvy border 11″ long from clear double sided adhesive and adhere along the bottom of a 2 1/2″ x 11″ piece of Soft Finish Cardstock.
4. Cut the cardstock with the adhesive border in pieces to die cut the 5 parts of the pine. Place each die on the edge of the adhesive so only the bottom part is covered with adhesive.
5. Die cut the 3 smallest pieces twice to create a second tree.
6. Remove release sheet on each part and cover adhesive with Silver Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish glitter and brush off excess.
7. Assemble trees. For more info on how to assemble the trees, watch this YouTube video by Els.
8. Using the Outdoor Edges die, cut a 4″ border from Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere to card front as shown.
9. Adhere trees to card front as shown.
10. Cut Merry Christmas sentiment from silver cardstock and adhere to card front.
11. Apply silver peel-off border at the bottom of the card as shown.
12. Finish off the card by applying Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
- Soft Finish Cardstock 8.5″ x 11″ 100Lb (PSF102)
- 5 Part Pine die (755)
- Outdoor Edges die set (914)
- Merry Christmas die (745)
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet 8.5″ x 11″ (502)
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 6mm (506)
- Silver Silk Microfine Glitter (603)
- Borders Assorted Peel-Offs in Silver (1167)
- Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots Peel-Offs (7018)
- Fine Pointed Tweezers (801)
Other Products –
- Silver cardstock