Today I would like to share a card that I created using the Accordion Oval Card by Karen Burniston, the Daisies Peel-Offs and two dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs’s latest release, Bunch of Flowers 3 and Flourishes & Branches. Although it was snowing here yesterday in Banff, I felt like creating a bright flowery card for Spring.
1. Cut 2 accordion pages using Accordion Oval Card from cream colored cardstock and ink edges with yellow. Trim the long side tab of one of the pages plus the little tab from the oval on the inside. Also cut the following:
10 flowers from yellow cardstock (I used two different yellows) using Bunch of Flowers 3.
10 flower centers from white cardstock covered with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
4 Flourishes from light green cardstock using Flourishes & Branches.
1 stitched oval from light blue cardstock using 2 accessory dies from Accordion Oval Card.
1 smaller oval from white cardstock covered with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter using smallest accessory die from Accordion Oval Card. Add Happy Birthday Peel-Off.
2. Apply a piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to white cardstock large enough to fit the daisies peel-off. Remove release sheet and transfer peel-off to the adhesive using Els’s transfer technique shown in this VIDEO. Add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
3. Color peel-off with Copic markers or other alcohol markers. For the petals I added a little bit of the Y15 Cadmium Yellow and used my blender pen to add some shading. For the leaves I used the YG17 Grass Green and the YG25 Celadon. I blender the two together using my blender pen as well. For the background I used the B41 Powder Blue.
4. Now it’s time to assemble your accordion card. Karen Burniston has a great YouTube Video that will show your exactly how to assemble your card. See it HERE.
5. To decorate the front and back of my card I used the Oval Flourish Frame Edges. I cut them from light blue cardstock but added some double sided adhesive on the back of my carstock first. I also cut two yellow ovals using the main die from the Accordion Oval Card to cover the little tab on the back. See photo below.
And here is a picture of the card closed, ready to go in the mail.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope that you will enjoy creating this card as much as I did! Should you have any questions at all, please feel free to leave a comment.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
2558 Daisies in Oval Peel-Off in back
397 Happy Birthday Peel-Off in black
772 Accordion Oval Card
777 Oval Flourish Fram Edges
1029 Bunch of Flower 3 (Available soon)
1034 Flourishes & Branches (Available soon)
503 Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet
506 Transparent Double Sided Tape 6mm
641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
802 Fine Pointed Scissors
Cream colored cardstock
Light blue cardstock
Light green card stock
Die cutting machine
Copic markers (or other alcohol markers)