It’s my turn to post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog and for today’s project I decided to use some of the new dies and Peel-Offs from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I used the Bunch of Flowers 3 and Flourishes and Branches, available at the end of this month and the Owl Peel-Offs in black, available the first week of May. Let me show you how I created this cute “I love you” card.
1. Cut pink cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold in half.
2. Die cut one Accordion Oval page from pink pattern paper. Cut out center oval and trim long side tab. Then trim each side of the page slightly. Adhere to card front.
3. Optional: Add Transparent/Silver Glitter Border along the outside.
4. Add Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to a piece of white cardstock, large enough to fit your Owl Peel-Off plus the little heart.
5. Transfer peel-offs to the adhesive following the steps shown in this video by Els. Once you have applied Silk Microfine Glitter, color peel-offs using alcohol markers.
6. Fussy cut peel-offs using Fine Pointed Scissors.
7. Die cut 4 flowers and centers using Bunch of Flowers 3 from Pink and Light Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Make sure to use your Metal Adaptor Plate for cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Tip: for the flower centers, apply Shimmer Sheetz to Double-Sided Adhesive first before die cutting.
8. Die cut 3 Flourishes using Flourishes and Branches from Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Tip: apply Shimmer Sheetz to Double-Sided Adhesive first before die cutting.
9. Cut a small piece of white cardstock for sentiment. Apply I Love You Peel-Off.
10. Assemble your card as shown in the picture at the beginning. Adhere flowers, flourishes, Owl and heart Peel-Off. Use foam adhesive for sentiment and heart.
I hope you will enjoy creating your own “I love you” owl card. For more inspiration using the Owl Peel-Offs, check out my second card below. It’s similar but a little bit different. For this card I used the Accordion Rectangle to create the frame and the new Leafy Branch to die cut the branch for the owls. The “Thank You” is cut from Black Velvet Adhesive and I added some black Assorted Border Peel-Offs on the outside of the rectangle frame to finish my card.
I will be posting more samples using the fun new dies and Peel-Offs from Elizabeth Craft Designs so stay tuned!
(For pink card I Love You card)
Elizabeth Craft Designs
772 Accordion Oval Card
1029 Bunch of Flowers 3 (Coming Soon)
1034 Flourishes and Branches (Coming Soon)
2596 Lots of Owls Peel-Off in Black (Coming Soon)
Shimmer Sheetz (Colors used: Pink, Light Pink and Green Iridescent)
343 Assorted Words Peel-Off in Black
7010 Transparent/Silver Glitter Borders
503 Transparent Double-Sided Tape
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
803 Metal Adaptor Plate
802 Fine Pointed Scissors
Pink & white cardstock
Pink pattern paper – BoBunny Double Dot
Copic Markers (or other alcohol base markers)
Alcohol Blender Pen